The TechNO Challenge is another way to push yourself creatively and learn more about your modular synth capabilities. Create a techno track WITHOUT a kick drum module. The challenge show streams on Feb 4th at (10 AM MTN (8 PM CET). Send in your three-minute (or less) video by January 29th for a chance to have your video showcased.
Our Guest hosts, POB and Omri Cohen will join CMSS to watch what everyone sent in. Don’t worry if this is the first video you are sending in. We highly encourage you to join either of our communities to ask questions and bounce ideas around to help your video be the best it can be!
It’s not a competition, and we are not strict on the rules, but here are the guidelines for our CMSS challenge:
- Make “techno” jam with no kick module (bonus if you don’t use any dedicated drum modules)
- Modular, semi-modular, or VCV should be the heart of the patch.
- Send videos in by midnight, Jan 29th (optional: send in audio tracks for possible future compilation)
- Videos no longer than 3 minutes
- Videos in MP4 or MOV format 1920×1080 (landscape, not vertical) -check out HandBrake if you need a file converter. https://handbrake.fr/
- no 4k or extra large file size videos. If it’s over a gig. it’s probably too big.
- Please make sure it’s 100% original. There should be no noticeable samples or visuals that will give the channel or show a copyright violation.
- Please be aware of photo-sensitive flashing and movement. If your video contains graphics with strobing, please let us know.
- Feel free to post your video on your channels after the show, but it helps if your video or clip premieres during our show. We can add links to the full video and your channel in the description.
- The video must be under 3 minutes.
- Files types include MP4 and MOV.
- No titles, and please minimize strobing effects.
- No covers
- Modular synths must be part of the final piece (virtual and semi-modular are fine!)